Let use in English grammar, 20 Let Example Sentences
The use of let deserves special attention in terms of its meanings. Let is the most common term in English grammar and we use let when we are supposing something. There are various ways to use let. In today’s lesson, we are going to study all about let in English grammar.
- If ‘Let’ is used in connection with permission, we use ‘suggest, propose, etc.’ and after them ‘to’ and ‘verb’ are used as usual. ‘May or might or should’ can also be used.
- It ‘Let us’ is used we use ‘propose, suggest, etc.’ and after them: may, might, should.
- At times ‘let’ is used for order or warning. In the indirect speech, “warned or ordered or, threatened, etc.” are used.
- ‘Let’ can also be used for permission.
Must Learn: Examples of Common Nouns
Examples of Let in Sentences
- Let me do my homework.
- Let us play hockey.
- Let us go to the fair.
- Let me leave the place.
- Let us learn computer programming.
- Let us go to the canal as it is fine.
- Let the students understand that if they copy they will be punished.
- Let you all be gone before 6.
- Let it be known to everyone that a meeting will be held tomorrow to discuss the water problems.
- Let no one go out until I come.
- Let them think about their future.
- Let him work in any profession he likes.
- Let us make the decision now.
- Let the children watch TV.
- Let us go to the new park.
- Let us learn Arabic.
- Let the people have true democracy.
- Let the students go home early.
- Let me come in.
- Let us play cricket.
Download this lesson in PDF