Awake Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Awake V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to become aware of; to wake from sleep.
Awake Past Tense / Awake V2:- Awoke
Awake Past Participle / Awake V3:- Awoken
Awake V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Awake
Awake Simple Past Tense
- I Awoke.
- It/He/She Awoke.
- We/They/You Awoke.
Awake Simple Present Tense
- I Awake.
- It/He/She Awakes.
- We/They/You Awake.
Awake Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall Awake.
- It/He/She will/shall Awake.
- We/They/You will/shall Awake.
Awake Past Continuous Tense
- I was Awaking.
- It/He/She was Awaking.
- We/They/You were Awaking.
Awake Present Continuous Tense
- I am Awaking.
- It/He/She is Awaking.
- We/They/You are Awaking.
Awake Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be Awaking.
- It/He/She will/shall be Awaking.
- We/They/You will/shall be Awaking.
Awake Past Perfect Tense
- I had Awoken.
- It/He/She had Awoken.
- We/They/You had Awoken.
Awake Present Perfect Tense
- I have Awoken.
- It/He/She has Awoken.
- We/They/You have Awoken.
Awake Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have Awoken.
- It/He/She will/shall have Awoken.
- We/They/You will/shall have Awoken.
Awake Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been Awaking.
- It/He/She had been Awaking.
- We/They/You had been Awaking.
Awake Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been Awaking.
- It/He/She has been Awaking.
- We/They/You have been Awaking.
Awake Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been Awaking.
- It/He/She will/shall have been Awaking.
- We/They/You will/shall have been Awaking.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.