Cling Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Cling V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to stick or adhere firmly
Cling Past Tense / Cling V2:- Clung
Cling Past Participle / Cling V3:- Clung
Cling V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Cling
Cling Simple Past Tense
- I Clung.
- It/He/She Clung.
- We/They/You Clung.
Cling Simple Present Tense
- I Cling.
- It/He/She Clings.
- We/They/You Cling.
Cling Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall Cling.
- It/He/She will/shall Cling.
- We/They/You will/shall Cling.
Cling Past Continuous Tense
- I was Clinging.
- It/He/She was Clinging.
- We/They/You were Clinging.
Cling Present Continuous Tense
- I am Clinging.
- It/He/She is Clinging.
- We/They/You are Clinging.
Cling Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be Clinging.
- It/He/She will/shall be Clinging.
- We/They/You will/shall be Clinging.
Cling Past Perfect Tense
- I had Clung.
- It/He/She had Clung.
- We/They/You had Clung.
Cling Present Perfect Tense
- I have Clung.
- It/He/She has Clung.
- We/They/You have Clung.
Cling Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have Clung.
- It/He/She will/shall have Clung.
- We/They/You will/shall have Clung.
Cling Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been Clinging.
- It/He/She had been Clinging.
- We/They/You had been Clinging.
Cling Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been Clinging.
- It/He/She has been Clinging.
- We/They/You have been Clinging.
Cling Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been Clinging.
- It/He/She will/shall have been Clinging.
- We/They/You will/shall have been Clinging.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.