Cough Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Cough V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to make a sudden, deep, painful sound from the chest.
Cough Past Tense / Cough V2:- Coughed
Cough Past Participle / Cough V3:- Coughed
Cough V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Cough
Cough Simple Past Tense
- I Coughed.
- It/He/She Coughed.
- We/They/You Coughed.
Cough Simple Present Tense
- I Cough.
- It/He/She Coughs.
- We/They/You Cough.
Cough Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall Cough.
- It/He/She will/shall Cough.
- We/They/You will/shall Cough.
Cough Past Continuous Tense
- I was Coughing.
- It/He/She was Coughing.
- We/They/You were Coughing.
Cough Present Continuous Tense
- I am Coughing.
- It/He/She is Coughing.
- We/They/You are Coughing.
Cough Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be Coughing.
- It/He/She will/shall be Coughing.
- We/They/You will/shall be Coughing.
Cough Past Perfect Tense
- I had Coughed.
- It/He/She had Coughed.
- We/They/You had Coughed.
Cough Present Perfect Tense
- I have Coughed.
- It/He/She has Coughed.
- We/They/You have Coughed.
Cough Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have Coughed.
- It/He/She will/shall have Coughed.
- We/They/You will/shall have Coughed.
Cough Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been Coughing.
- It/He/She had been Coughing.
- We/They/You had been Coughing.
Cough Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been Coughing.
- It/He/She has been Coughing.
- We/They/You have been Coughing.
Cough Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been Coughing.
- It/He/She will/shall have been Coughing.
- We/They/You will/shall have been Coughing.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.