Envy Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Envy V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to feel or show resentment and jealousy toward someone.
Envy Past Tense / Envy V2:- Envied
Envy Past Participle / Envy V3:- Envied
Envy V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Envy
Envy Simple Past Tense
- I Envied.
- It/He/She Envied.
- We/They/You Envied.
Envy Simple Present Tense
- I Envy.
- It/He/She Envies.
- We/They/You Envy.
Envy Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall Envy.
- It/He/She will/shall Envy.
- We/They/You will/shall Envy.
Envy Past Continuous Tense
- I was Envying.
- It/He/She was Envying.
- We/They/You were Envying.
Envy Present Continuous Tense
- I am Envying.
- It/He/She is Envying.
- We/They/You are Envying.
Envy Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be Envying.
- It/He/She will/shall be Envying.
- We/They/You will/shall be Envying.
Envy Past Perfect Tense
- I had Envied.
- It/He/She had Envied.
- We/They/You had Envied.
Envy Present Perfect Tense
- I have Envied.
- It/He/She has Envied.
- We/They/You have Envied.
Envy Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have Envied.
- It/He/She will/shall have Envied.
- We/They/You will/shall have Envied.
Envy Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been Envying.
- It/He/She had been Envying.
- We/They/You had been Envying.
Envy Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been Envying.
- It/He/She has been Envying.
- We/They/You have been Envying.
Envy Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been Envying.
- It/He/She will/shall have been Envying.
- We/They/You will/shall have been Envying.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.