Verbs are a very important part of the English language. They express actions or states of being. In order to learn English, you need to know how to use verbs correctly. This article explains what verbs are and provides some examples. What is verb? This is a question that many students of English as a Second Language have. In this post, we will discuss what verbs are, and some examples of common verbs. Stay tuned for more information on this important part of the English language!
Verb is a word class which can be used to describe an action, state or occurrence. As the most important part of speech in English, verb plays a significant role in expressing ideas and information. When speaking or writing English, it is helpful for learners to know how to use verbs correctly according to their functions in order to create fluent sentences.
This article will show you how to use verbs in English with full explanations and examples.
Here are the five main verb uses in English:
- Transitive Verbs (Take an object)
- Intransitive Verbs (Don’t take an object)
- Auxiliary Verbs
- Modal Verbs
- Linking Verbs
Examples of Verbs in Sentences
- I am playing cricket for 10 months.
- I can speak English and French fluently.
- She will go to the party with him.
- I have been waiting for you since 3 o’clock.
- Comedians always try to make people laugh.
- He was sleeping when the telephone rang.
- The baby started crying because he is tired.
- They are flying to the USA tomorrow.
- We travelled home last night.
- Shella is running for president.
- He paints the wall every year.
- Lea sold her car in January.
- He has been living in Montreal for 3 years.
- I have never eaten sushi before.
- She cannot go to school because she is sick.
- I am planning to go skiing next winter.
- He is going to visit his grandmother tomorrow.
- I have always wanted to be a doctor.
- The horse was eating grass by the fence.
- He started working at 8 o’clock.