Obtain Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Obtain V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to get or achieve something
Obtain Past Tense / Obtain V2:- Obtained
Obtain Past Participle / Obtain V3:- Obtained
Obtain V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Obtain
Obtain Simple Past Tense
- I obtained.
- It/He/She obtained.
- We/They/You obtained.
Obtain Simple Present Tense
- I obtain.
- It/He/She obtains.
- We/They/You obtain.
Obtain Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall obtain.
- It/He/She will/shall obtain.
- We/They/You will/shall obtain.
Obtain Past Continuous Tense
- I was obtaining.
- It/He/She was obtaining.
- We/They/You were obtaining.
Obtain Present Continuous Tense
- I am obtaining.
- It/He/She is obtaining.
- We/They/You are obtaining.
Obtain Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be obtaining.
- It/He/She will/shall be obtaining.
- We/They/You will/shall be obtaining.
Obtain Past Perfect Tense
- I had obtained.
- It/He/She had obtained.
- We/They/You had obtained.
Obtain Present Perfect Tense
- I have obtained.
- It/He/She has obtained.
- We/They/You have obtained.
Obtain Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have obtained.
- It/He/She will/shall have obtained.
- We/They/You will/shall have obtained.
Obtain Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been obtaining.
- It/He/She had been obtaining.
- We/They/You had been obtaining.
Obtain Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been obtaining.
- It/He/She has been obtaining.
- We/They/You have been obtaining.
Obtain Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been obtaining.
- It/He/She will/shall have been obtaining.
- We/They/You will/shall have been obtaining.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.