Other ways to say However
There are many different words that can be used to express “however” in a sentence. Some of the most common alternatives to however are nevertheless, however, and in any case. Here are six more examples:
1) Nevertheless, she passed the test.
2) However, I still don’t understand it.
3) In any case, I’m glad you’re here.
4) He was elected governor, however, his term is only for two years.
5) Even so, they managed to get some good pictures.
6) Nevertheless, he’s a good suitor.
Ways to say However
- after all
- be that as it may
- on the other hand
- per contra
- in spite of
- all the same
- without regard to
- for all that