Last updated on January 13th, 2022 at 07:44 pm
20 Sentences in Simple Past Tense in English! The simple past tense is a very important verb tense in English. It’s used to talk about things that happened in the past. In this blog post, we’ll look at how to form the simple past tense, and we’ll practice using it with some examples.
What is Simple Past Tense in English?
The simple past tense is a verb tense used for an action completed in the past. The simple past can be expressed with specific verbs (called the simple past form) or it can be implied with expressions like “yesterday” or “two weeks ago.”
How do you make Simple Past Tense in English?
To make the simple past in English, add “-ed” to the end of a verb. This is usually an irregular verb’s past tense form, so you would have to memorize it individually.
Here are some common examples:
20 Sentences in Simple Past Tense
1) I went to school.
2) She did the work.
3) We did not go out.
4) Did she see him?
5) Did you make a new friend yesterday?
6) They had a good time.
7) I came back from Delhi yesterday.
8) He served tea to his guests.
9) She could not get permission.
10) Did he get the job?
11) Did October come after September?
12) October did not come after September!
13) We went to school by bus.
14) Did you buy milk this morning?
15) I saw a snake in the garden yesterday.
16) What did you do on Diwali?
17) I wrote a letter to my friend.
18) How many days ago did he visit the Taj Mahal?
19) She waited for him till seven.
20) Did you see that movie yesterday?
Download this lesson in PDF