Last updated on October 12th, 2021 at 12:54 pm
What Is An Interjection? Definition and Example Sentences in English PDF
Interjections are emotional words. They are words with that comes out of our mouth at the time of different feeling of joy and sorrow, etc. It is an important part of speech and it shows the emotions and feelings of the speaker or the writer.
Below is the important list of Interjections with Meaning
- Aah:– Exclamation of fear
- Yeah:– Variant of yes
- Yippee:– Exclamation of celebration
- Hmph:– To indicate displeasure
- Aww:– Something sweet or cute
- Eh:– Question something
- Whew:– Amazement
- Er:– Not knowing what to say
- Uh oh:– Showing dismay
- Uh:– Indicates a pause or more time
- Oh:– I see
- Oops:– Making a mistake
- Um:– Pausing
- Yay/Yaay:– Congratulatory
- Eww:– Something disgusting
- Wow:– Expressing surprise
- Ahh:– Realization or acceptance
- Hmm:– Hesitating about something
- Ouch:– Exclamation of pain
- Shh:– An indication for silence
- Yikes:– For fear
- Bingo:– Acknowledge something as right
Below are 10 Interjection Example Sentences in English:
- Hurray! We won the match.
- Alas! He is no more.
- Ouch! It hit me hard.
- Wow! This is so beautiful.
- Eww! Stay away, you dirty kid.
- Oh! I See.
- Shh! Dad is sleeping, don’t make noise.
- Aah! I am sad about the death of your father.
- Yay! We got the deal.
- Yippee! Congratulations we have customers!
Download this lesson in PDF