Parts of Speech in English Grammar Pdf!
PARTS OF SPEECH
Parts of speech are the most basic components of English grammar. Here is a quick list of parts of speech.
There are 8 parts of speech in English grammar:
Nouns is the name of any place, thing, object etc.
- Pencil: I have a black pencil.
- America: Our country name is America.
- Chair: Ayesha is sitting on the chair.
- Classroom: This is my classroom
- Book: I have four books.
- Glass: Glass is made of sand.
- Coat: I like his coat.
- Piano: I don’t know how to play Piano.
- Shoe: Sarah has many shoes.
- Carom board: I want to have a carom board.
- Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Alina: A saw a bird on the branch of a tree.
Words that can be used in place of noun are called pronouns.
Here is a list of Pronouns:
- I am a good player of cricket
- He says he wants to go to America.
Words that describe or elaborate the quality of a noun or a pronoun are called adjectives.
Some Common Adjectives are:
- Neha is a tall girl.
- She is a good mom.
- Aleena runs fast.
- She is a greedy women
- He is a famous teacher.
Verbs are used to describe an action of a thing or a person, verbs are any activity of something or a person.
- Joe is eating an apple.
- He writes a letter.
- She is beating her student.
- The thief ran away.
- She treats me well.
- He is creating something for me.
- I love to write.
- She rans fast.
Words used to qualify or modify the words, adjective or other adverbs are called adverbs.
- Aleena quietly asked me to keep silent.
- He rans fast.
- She spoke nicely.
- Dog is barking loudly.
- You answer this question falsely.
- James coughed loudly to attract the audience.
Preposition are the relation words, preposition are place before noun, pronoun, adjectives and adverbs to show some relation.
- Cat is under the table
- What is in this box?
- He sat on the chair.
- There is some milk in the fridge.
- You efforts are above the level.
- She was hiding under the table.
- Get out of my room.
A conjunction as the name shows is a joining word, conjunctions joins words, sentences and clause.
- Elena and Sara are sisters.
- He is sad cool but not handsome.
- Ahh, that feels painful.
- Oh! I am tired.
- Alas! We had lost the match.
- Bah! He is a total fool.
Infographics (Parts of Speech in English Grammar)
Download this Lesson of Parts of Speech in english Grammar in PDF (Download Here)