Participate Past Tense, Present and Future Conjugations, Participate V1 V2 V3
Meaning:- to take part in an activity
Participate Past Tense / Participate V2:- Participated
Participate Past Participle / Participate V3:- Participated
Participate V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 Verb Forms
|Past Tense (V2)||Past Participle (V3)|
|Present Participle (V4)||Third Person Singular (V5)|
Example Conjugation with Participate
Participate Simple Past Tense
- I participated.
- It/He/She participated.
- We/They/You participated.
Participate Simple Present Tense
- I participate.
- It/He/She participates.
- We/They/You participate.
Participate Simple Future Tense
- I will/shall participate.
- It/He/She will/shall participate.
- We/They/You will/shall participate.
Participate Past Continuous Tense
- I was participating.
- It/He/She was participating.
- We/They/You were participating.
Participate Present Continuous Tense
- I am participating.
- It/He/She is participating.
- We/They/You are participating.
Participate Future Continuous Tense
- I will/shall be participating.
- It/He/She will/shall be participating.
- We/They/You will/shall be participating.
Participate Past Perfect Tense
- I had participated.
- It/He/She had participated.
- We/They/You had participated.
Participate Present Perfect Tense
- I have participated.
- It/He/She has participated.
- We/They/You have participated.
Participate Future Perfect Tense
- I will/shall have participated.
- It/He/She will/shall have participated.
- We/They/You will/shall have participated.
Participate Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been participating.
- It/He/She had been participating.
- We/They/You had been participating.
Participate Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- I have been participating.
- It/He/She has been participating.
- We/They/You have been participating.
Participate Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- I will/shall have been participating.
- It/He/She will/shall have been participating.
- We/They/You will/shall have been participating.
Definition of Common Terms Used in This Lesson
Verb: Verb is a part of speech that refers to an action, occurrence, or state of being. It is one of the most important parts of speech, as it is used to express what a person or thing does or experiences.
Verb Forms (V1 V2 V3 V4 V5): In English, there are five verb forms: base form, past tense, past participle, present perfect, and future. Each verb form is used to express a particular aspect of an action or occurrence.
Verb Conjugations: In order to express different tenses and aspects, verbs must be conjugated. This means that the verb’s ending is changed to match the particular tense or aspect being expressed. There are many different verb conjugations in English, so it is important to know which one to use for each situation.