20 Examples of Past Perfect Continuous Tense! You might have heard of the past perfect continuous tense before, but not really know what it is or how to use it. Well, don’t worry! This blog post is here to help you out. I’ll give some examples of how to use the past perfect continuous tense and explain when you would need to use it. So keep reading for all the info!
20 Examples of Past Perfect Continuous Tense
1) She had been going for a walk.
2) I hadn’t, but she had.
3) She had been going to the shop.
4) He had been sleeping after dinner.
5) We hadn’t been working before we ate.
6) You have usually being sleeping for a long time .
7) She had never gone to school by car.
8) They hadn’t worked on Saturdays and Sundays.
9) Peter hasn’t been eating any fruit at all.
10) He had been playing the piano before dinner.
11) We had not been working for a long time when they came.
12) I hadn’t been going to school before that.
13) The little girl hadn’t been eating at the same time.
14) He had been having a rest for a long time when you came in.
15) She had been going to work every day.
16) They hadn’t been playing in their garden before it rained.
17) The little girl had not been eating anything at all.
18) They had been going to school every day.
19) She has never gone to school by car.
20) We have been working since morning when she came.